Today we are starting an open public beta cycle for TwInbox 2.0. Ever since the first release of TwInbox (know as OutTwit at the time) back in 2007, one of the most frequently requested features has been multiple account support. We are happy to tell you that TwInbox 2.0 adds support for multiple accounts along with a number of other great enhancements.
What is new in TwInbox 2.0
- Multiple account support
- New options for tweet folder layout (All tweets in one folder vs separate Home/Mentions/Direct vs per sender)
- Bit.ly support, including an ability to use your own bit.ly account
- An option to specify language for Twitter searches
- An option to preview shortened URL information before jumping to the destination link
- A configurable hotkey for Retweet
- UI options for a number of settings which previously had to be edited via the registry
- Improved support for Windows 7
- A number of usability tweeks, performance and bug fixes
Note: TwInbox 2.0 introduces preliminary support for Outlook 2010, 32 bit only. 64 bit support is in the works.
Download TwInbox 2.0 Beta
Migrating from TwInbox 1.x
TwInbox 2.0 uses a different folder layout for storing tweets. The welcome wizard will help you select a main TwInbox folder. TwInbox will automatically create sub-folders for every account under that folder.
Note that if you created searches in TwInbox 1.x, those will be imported, but they will continue using the folders you originally specified for them. Please review your search configurations after you start using TwInbox 2.0 for the first time.
We are looking forward to your feedback
As with every beta release, we ask that you please take time to submit your feedback. Thank you for your continued help and support in making TwInbox a success!
Do not forget to follow @TechHit to receive update notifications.