When you send a plain text message, by default, Outlook will wrap text and insert line breaks at 76 characters. This might break your formatted paragraphs and URL links.
There is a solution which requires registry changes, however there also an option that fixes it without touching the registry. Here are the steps:
- Click on the File tab and select Options.
- Click on “Advanced” in the left column of the Options window.
- Scroll down to the “International Options” section.
- Change “Preferred encoding for outgoing messages” to “Unicode (UTF-8)”.
- Click “OK” at the bottom of the Options window.
- Restart Outlook
That should do it.
Note: This only works for Outlook 2010 or newer. For older versions of Outlook (2007 and 2003), you have to use the registry tweak. Google outlook “WrapLines”.
This solution was discussed in this thread.
Do you have too many messages in your Inbox? Try SimplyFile – Intelligent filing assistant for Microsoft Outlook.